Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Sir Paul's Eternal "Gift"

I had just arrived at my friendly neigborhood Whalemart to pay a monthly bill, and shortly, whilst queueing, heard a familiar ubiquitous seasonal tune come forth from the BG; Paul McCartney's "Wonderful Christmas Time". I've always been a Beatle fan, especially in my youth. To hear a Beatle tune amongst all the other garbage they call music today, it's rather a treat.

In case anyone needs refreshing, the chorus line goes like this:

Simply...having...a wonderful Christmas time...(twice)

And I thought to myself, "The HELL he's having a wonderful Christmas time. Not any more! The way he's been given an assraping by that bitch? Not a chance! Poor guy. He'll be eternally reminded."

Almost immediately, the thoughts thereafter would be to interject that unfortunate dilemma into the song to reflect Sir Paul's more probable state of mind:

Simply...having...an assraping Christmas time...
Simply...having...an assraping Christmas time...

What do you know..it fits!

The same amount of syllables.